This procedure allows you to add a PWR500 Powerline Network Adapter to an existing encrypted 200AVP MegaPlug Powerline Adapter network.
Note: Before attempting to encrypt PWR500 and 200AVP adapters, restore all of the
Powerline adapters to factory defaults.
- Plug the PWR500 adapter into an outlet on the same electrical circuit as your existing 200AVP Powerline network.
- Press the Security button on the bottom of one of the networked 200AVP adapters for 6-9 seconds to generate a random security key.
- All three LEDs on the 200AVP adapter will illuminate for 1 second, then go dark, signifying reboot. After the reboot, the Power LEDs will glow solid green. The first adapter has created a new unique encryption key.
- Press the Security button on the PWR500 adapter for 10 seconds.
- Press the Security button for 1-3 seconds on the 200AVP adapter. The Power LED will begin to flash. This signifies that the adapter is attempting to exchange the encryption key with other devices.
- Within two minutes of performing step 5, press the Security button on the PWR500 adapter for 1-3 seconds. The Power LED will begin to flash. After a few seconds, the Power LED will glow solid green, and the Link LEDs will light up on both units.
The PWR500 adapter has joined the existing encrypted Powerline network.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to add additional adapters to the network.
- When installing additional adapters, be aware that every adapter’s Security/Reset button must be pressed and released within two minutes to allow the adapters to communicate.
- A network with different throughput conditions can be created, but performance will vary.
- To ensure connectivity between adapters, all adapters you wish to network together must be on the same circuit in your breaker box.
- The attached document are these same steps but in a PDF format so you can download and save them for future reference.