If the signal is that low you'll need to change the wireless channel on the MyWirelessTV. Different homes/environments will have different wireless environments and so sometimes the channel the MWTV chooses automatically isn't the best in some places.
Follow the steps below to change the wireless channel being used by the MyWirelessTV:
- Aim the remote control that came with the MyWirelessTV kit at the MyWirelessTV Receiver and press the 'i' button (near the middle of the remote control, between the 'Exit' and 'Back' buttons).
- Make note of the wireless channel currently being used as displayed on the Advanced Settings screen.
- Press the 'Exit' button on the remote control to exit the information screen.
- Now press the button at the top right-hand corner of the remote control. The main menu screen will appear.
- Using the arrow buttons in the top section of the remote, select "General Settings" from the main menu and press the OK button.
- Select Wireless Channel, and then press the right arrow button.
- Select any channel other than the one you noted from the Advanced Settings screen and then press the OK button. (It is best to select the channel farthest from the current channel. For instance, if the current channel is 44, select channel 157.)
- Confirm your selection. Both transmitter and receiver will reboot.
After you figure out which channel is best, clear the DirecTV box of any lingering HDCP errors that may be causing it to behave erratically by unplugging its power, waiting a few seconds and then plugging it back in. After a few moments, the box will re-link with the satellite and should be back up and running.